Click here to sign up/register.
Click here to login & continue your course.
We recommend you watch this short tutorial on how to register and enroll for this course:
- You click on “TAKE THIS COURSE” button below and it will take you through the registration process.
- This will take you to the log in page where you need to click on register at the bottom.
- You will then need to fill in all your details, use your email address as your username and remember to include your ID number and click on Register at the bottom to proceed.
- You will then be prompted to check your email to verify your email address and you need to click on the verification link.
- It will then give you a password suggestion or you can type in your own.
- Please copy/write down the password and click on the reset password button.
- You will now be able to login and go back to the course page to start the course.
- Please click on “TAKE THIS COURSE” button again and it will take you to the course.
The ANC Political School Module 1:
History of South Africa from pre-colonial times to 1912 and the history of the ANC from 1912 to 1994
Welcome to the ANC Political School online training. The Political School’s first online training course will consist of six modules. The first module you will do covers the history of South Africa from pre-colonial times until 1912, and the history of the ANC from 1912 until 1994.
The other modules you will cover are:
• Building the organisation
• Governance and policy
• Economics and development
• Strategy and tactics of the ANC
• Ideology and tools of analysis
The course is made up of presentations with pictures and narration, films, questions for discussions, extra reading, quizzes and tests.
The ANC Political Education and Training Unit will keep a database of all students who have registered and completed modules. You will get a certificate of completion for each module if you get at least 60%. New modules will be added to the political school site when they are developed. We will notify all registered students of new modules.
Once you are ready and have completed Part A of Module 1, there will be a short online test which you will need to complete and submit before you can go to Part B of Module 1. The ANC will keep a record of all the courses you have completed. You will need to achieve a pass mark of 60% for each test that you submit.
For technical support contact Shanaaz at 082 411 2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice on content contact the ANC Political Education Co-ordinator at the ANC provincial or national office. The contact details are on the ANC website at www.anc.org.za.