Watch the video to get an idea of what the course looks like.
What is the course about?
This is an introductory course and guide to help you link best practices to a sustainable, profitable and resilient business. Sustainability has become one of the biggest global, regional and local buzzwords. The United Nations is calling on member countries to implement the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, and the African Union Agenda 2063 is promoting a vision and plan for a more prosperous Africa in 50 years.
This is an introductory course with the following objectives:
- To help people working in agriculture to better understand what being sustainable means in terms of daily practices
- To help people link the dots between day-to-day practices and a long-term sustainable, profitable and resilient farm and business
What does the course consist of?
There are six modules which will take approximately three hours to complete.
- Module 1: What do we mean by sustainability?
- Module 2: How are sustainable practices linked to productivity and profitability?
- Module 3: Agrochemicals and sustainability
- Module 4: Water and sustainability
- Module 5: Worker wellness and sustainability
- Module 6: Putting practical steps in place to support sustainable practices
Who should take the course?
On the farm: Sustainability should become part of your business culture so as many people as possible in the business should take the course. This includes senior managers, junior managers and supervisors. The course is designed for a wide range of people.
Beyond the farm: There are many stakeholders who would gain from a better understanding of how sustainability can be applied on a farm and how it can benefit a producer. This includes people working in import and export companies and students of agriculture and business who will be sustainability leaders of the future.
What is the total time to complete the course?
The course takes approximately three hours to complete.
How am I assessed?
There is a quiz at the end of each module. You have to pass each quiz with 75% in order to move to the next module. You can redo quizzes if you don’t pass. You will receive a Certificate of Completion when you successfully complete the course.
How much time do I have to finish the course?
You have six months to complete the course. You can work in your own time and at your own pace during this time.
If you have to take a break while doing a module then you can resume the module at a later stage. However we encourage you to complete each module once you have started.
Course enrollment fee:
- Individual: ZAR 520 including VAT paid via MasterCard/Visa/Instant EFT (via PayFast) or manual EFT payment option on course enrollment.
- Group or institution license: Please click here and a team member will be in contact with you.
- Tesco suppliers: Reduced course fee for registered Tesco suppliers, save 33%. Click here for more information.
How do I enroll for this course? Please click on “TAKE THIS COURSE” below and follow the checkout process.
Please click here and a team member will be in contact with you.